My actor/director/producer friend, Kerry Hishon nominated me for this award. She writes an excellent blog about theatre, mostly, as well as other aspects of her life. It is one of the very few blogs to which I subscribe. Her blog posts inspired me to post my "Theatre Briefs" as blog post entries. Thanks for the nomination, Kerry!
I've been writing EclectEcon for nearly ten years. I owe its origin primarily to Tyler Cowen and Craig Newmark, both of whom encouraged me and helped me in the early days of writing the blog. Through blogging I have met some very good friends over the past decade [e.g., see this] and learned so much more than I would have otherwise.
My life has changed, and so has the content of the blog. But I still enjoy sharing my views, reactions, analyses, and perspectives here.
It is with great pleasure that I accept Kerry's nomination, but it is with some hesitation that I nominate others. Here are the rules for those nominated (I hasten to add that I see no reason for those I nominate to obey any or all of these rules):
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Add 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts about me:
- It took me far too long in life to realize and to acknowledge how grateful I am for so much.
- As much as I like music, I don't listen to all that much, and I really do need to practice more.
- I'm a dilettante, a dabbler. I love trying many different things. One of my favourite quotes listed on Facebook is a line from Frank Zappa's Camarillo Brillo: "Well I was born to have adventure...".
- I simply cannot imagine what my life would be like without Ms Eclectic.
- I love economics and "The Economic Way of Thinking".
- Not counting phones, we have 23 clocks [but that includes DVD players, cable boxes, etc.]. "Does anybody really know what time it is?"
- Aging itself isn't so bad, but some of the effects of aging get me down.
Blogs I nominate:
I don't read blogs nearly as avidly as I used to, but here are the ones that I continue to read regularly or semi-regularly. I nominate these:
- EconLog (Bryan Caplan, former student David Henderson, et al.)
- AskBlog (Arnold Kling)
- Cafe Hayek (Don Boudreaux and Russ Roberts)
- The Money Illusion (Scott Sumner)
- Political Calculations (The Ironman)
- Newmark's Door (Craig Newmark)
- Marginal Revolution (Tyler Cowen and Alex Tabarrok)
- Worthwhile Canadian Initiative (Stephen Gordon, Nick Rowe, et al.)
- Composite Drawlings (Rebekah Kloepel)
- Market Power (Phil Miller)
- Melanie Phillips
- CiF Watch
- Coyote Blog
- The Powerline
- Not Even Wrong (Peter Woit, an important cosmology critic of string theory)