I received this information last week. If I were a student, I'd apply for this programme in a flash. The speakers are among the best in the field. Just hearing Munger, Jaworski, and Horwitz [the three with whom I am familiar] will be an experience you won't forget!
What a terrific opportunity!
On August 10-15 the Institute for Liberal Studies will be hosting our second annual Freedom Week seminar in Montreal. This five-day seminar is designed for students who are interested in learning about classical liberal ideas and the foundation of a free society and is open to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as those who have recently graduated. A faculty of six professors with backgrounds in economics, political science, philosophy, and law will deliver lectures and lead discussion groups designed to give students a chance to talk over important ideas with their peers.
This seminar is totally free, and room and board will be provided. Participants will be selected through a competitive application process and all applications must be submitted by April 15. All students who apply by March 15 will receive a free book.
Faculty for this the seminar:
- Jacob Levy (Political Science, McGill University)
- Michael Munger (Economics and Political Science, Duke University)
- Peter Jaworski (Philosophy, Georgetown University)
- Moin Yahya (Law, University of Alberta)
- Diana Thomas (Economics, Creighton University)
- Steven Horwitz (Economics, St. Lawrence University)
Applications can be submitted online at www.liberalstudies.ca/freedom-week.